Monday, April 09, 2007

Vice President's new grandson

Amy Argetsinger and Roxanne Roberts - For the Edwards Kids, It's Time for Stump School - washingtonpost.com: "It'll be a boy for Mary Cheney! Her dad revealed the gender of his future grandchild yesterday during an interview with ABC News Radio.

'I'm delighted I'm about to be a grandparent for the sixth time,' said Dick Cheney. 'I'm looking forward to the arrival of a new grandson.' The veep confirmed that the baby is due next month; this will be the first child for Mary and partner Heather Poe, and the third grandson for the Cheneys.

But he wasn't touching the question about the same-sex family's legal standing. 'I think each state ought to have the capacity to decide how they want to handle those issues,' he said. ' . . . And I obviously think it's important for us as a society to be tolerant and respectful of whatever arrangements people enter into.'"